17 October 2013

About the Bhutan Library Consortium

Library cooperation in Bhutan: The Bhutan Library Consortium

Libraries the world over participate in collaborative arrangements in order to pool their intellectual, technical and financial resources to the benefit of the entire community.  

The Bhutan Library Consortium (BLC), founded on 4 December 2012, was established with the aim of building capacity for sharing resources, knowledge, technology and expertise.

The goals of the consortium include:

1. Enhancing the optimal use of resources by sharing access to library materials, information, and equipment
2. Building the expertise needed to successfully exploit available resources and technology, and encouraging the use of library best practices
3. Increasing advocacy for libraries in Bhutan

Projects and efforts to achieve these goals might include:

1. Ensuring  efficient utilization of resources

Interlibrary loan / document delivery 
Consortial purchase of databases and other electronic resources
Coordinated journal subscription -- to prevent duplication of subscription of non-essential titles
Digitization of resources and storage of digitized material
Creation and management of a union catalogue and a serials union list 

2. Building library expertise

Provide training workshops on a variety of library operations, including cataloging, classification, collection management, library security, reference, database searching, research, customer service, personnel management, etc.
Provide assistance with the implementation and maintenance of integrated library systems, to assure the existence of accurate and publicly accessible catalogues at every institution

3. Increasing library advocacy

Coordinate efforts to improve support of or funding for libraries 
Funding for the Bhutan Library Consortium

Members of the Bhutan Library Consortium

1. Ugyen Wangchuck Institute of Conservation and Environment (UWICE) Library
2. Royal Thimphu College (RTC) Library
3. Royal Society for Protection of Nature (RSPN) Library
4. Samtse College of Education (SCE) Library
5. Royal Bhutan Police (RBP) Library
6. Gedu College of Business Studies (GCBS) Library
7. Institute of Language and Cultural Studies (ILCS)  Library
8. College of Natural Resources (CNR) Library
9. Royal Institute of Health Sciences (RIHS) Library
10. Royal Institute of Tourism and Hospitality (RITH) Library
11. College of Science and Technology (CST) Library
12. Paro College of Education (PCE)  Library
13. National Council Library
14. Election Commission of Bhutan (ECB) Library
15. Royal Institute of Management (RIM) Library (unofficial member)
16. Jigme Dorji Wangchuck Public Library
17. READ Bhutan (unofficial member)

Officers of the Bhutan Library Consortium

Three officers were elected by unanimous acclaim to serve as the first leaders of the Consortium.  These officers are:

Chairman: Mr. Sonam Wangdi (UWICE)
Secretary: Mr. Yeshey Dorji (SCE)
Treasurer: Ms. Tshering Dema (CST)


13 comments:

  1. Dear administrator/s
    I am not able to see the comments nor files shared /uploaded by other members.Help !!
    Yeshey Dorji
    SCE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear BLC; I am just wondering why READ Bhutan is listed as unofficial member. I work in this organization and I would like to know what it takes to be an official member. We have six fully functional community libraries and resource centers in Bhutan. The seventh one is coming up in December 2014. Please let us know more about it @ 337415.

    Thanks

    Ngawang

    ReplyDelete
  3. MRS.IRENE QUERY FINANCE IS THE BEST PLACE TO GET A LOAN {mrsirenequery@gmail.com}

    God bless you Madam, I will not stop telling the world about your kindness in my life, I am a single mum with kids to look after. My name is Mrs.Rachel Alex, and I am from Singapore Center Drive, Miami Beach, FL . A couple of weeks ago My friend visited me and along our discussion she told me about MRS.IRENE QUERY FINANCE, that they can help me out of my financial situation, I never believed cause I have spend so much money on different loan lenders who did nothing other than running away with my money. I have been in a financial mess for the pass 7 months now,She advised I give it a try so I mailed her and explain all about my financial situation to her, she therefore took me through the loan process and gave me a loan of $180,000.00 at a very low interest rate of 3% and today I am a proud business owner and can now take good care of my kids, If you must contact any firm to get any amount of loan you need with a low interest rate of 3% and better repayment schedule, please contact MRS.IRENE QUERY FINANCE via email{mrsirenequery@gmail.com}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Mrs.Irene Query i was in need of a loan of $150,000 and was scammed by those fraudulent lenders and a friend introduce me to Dr Purva Pius,and he lend me the loan without any stress,you can contact him at (urgentloan22@gmail.com) Approvals within 2-4 Hours

    ReplyDelete
  5. My name is Charles David,I am a Citizen Of USA.Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal or business loan?contact Mr James Eric Finance Home he help me with a loan of $320.000 some days ago after been scammed of $4500 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $320.000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email:{urgentfastloan@gmail.com}

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:

    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....
    Website You Heard About Us?......
    Email Him at: (urgentfastloan@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We Offer Loan At A Very Low Rate Of 3%. If Interested, Kindly Contact Us Today.via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do not use all of these Private Money Lender here.They are located in Nigeria, Ghana Turkey, France and Israel.My name is Mrs.Ramirez Cecilia, I am from Philippines. Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal or business loan?contact Fast Legitimate Loan Approval he help me with a loan of $78.000 some days ago after been scammed of $19,000 from a woman claiming to be a loan lender from Nigeria but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $78.000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial Email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Apply now,
    Do you need a loan for urgent need\ and more?
    If so, Email your details to ( catrinaprestamo@outlook.com ) now.
    We provide loans for a minimum of $ 5,000 USD and up to a maximum of $ 9,000,000 USD with a low interest rate.
    Email us now to get the loan form.
    catrinaprestamo@outlook.com
    This service is to provide financial support to individuals, entrepreneurs, businessmen and women and the general public.
    Regards,
    Mrs. Catrina
    +966535315728
    +1-469-262-6924
    24 Hours Online-Banking Service
    catrinaprestamo@outlook.com
    +1(863)410-6197 WHATSAPP

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello,
    This is to let the public know that Mrs. Charity White, a private lender has a financial opportunity for all those who need financial assistance, pay bills, to invest in new businesses or to improve your business. We provide loans with interest of 2% to companies and individuals. This does not require a lot of documents, also clear and sensitive terms and conditions. Contact us via e-mail: (charitywhitefinancialfirm@gmail.com) We will provide our best services.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Selamat siang pak / nyonya

    Kami menyambut Anda ke PERUSAHAAN PINJAMAN ELIZEBETH ISAAC, di mana kami memberikan pinjaman asli dan serius seperti:



    LAYANAN PINJAMAN TERSEDIA TERMASUK:
    ================================
    * Pinjaman Komersial.
    * Pinjaman pribadi.
    * Pinjaman Bisnis.
    * Pinjaman Investasi.
    * Pinjaman Pembangunan.
    * Pinjaman Akuisisi.
    * Pinjaman konstruksi.
    * Pinjaman Kartu Kredit
    * Pinjaman Konsolidasi Utang
    * Pinjaman bisnis dan lainnya:

    Kami memberikan pinjaman bunga 2% tanpa agunan, sehingga kami dapat mengatakan bahwa kami memberikan PINJAMAN TANPA Agunan, Anda tidak perlu merasa buruk atau kecewa dengan bank yang meminta agunan, cukup hubungi kami dengan mengirim email kepada kami di:

    elizebethisaac@gmail.com

    Terima kasih

    kami menunggu untuk mendengar dari Anda segera

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an online loan from a Registered Loan Company with Government Approval and Licensed Company that gives out loans of various kinds, such Pay day loans, Personal loans, mortgage loans, Business loans, car finance Loans to all serious and interested parties against a very low cost affordable interest rate of 3%.
    Apply for loan now. We give out loan with low interest rate of 3% per annual. If you are interested contact us via: malwelamicrofinance@gmail.com and fill the below Loan Application Form.
    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    Full Name:...........
    Country:..........
    Address:.........
    Phone Number:.......
    Loan amount:.......
    Loan Duration:......
    Monthly Income:......
    Gender:......
    Age:......
    Contact Company Email via malwelamicrofinance@gmail.com and you can also phone or Whapsap us to apply: +15592959218 PLEASE SHARE!!!.THANKS AND GOD BLESS YOU, DR. WILLIAM SMITH.

    ReplyDelete